In the heart of Wisconsin’s driftless area lies the nooks and crannies of the Kickapoo Valley. Just east of the valley is the small community of La Farge. Home of Organic Valley Coop, the community is also the location for the 7th Annual Kickapoo Country Fair.
From the website: (www.organicvalley.coop/kickapoo/)
Now in its seventh year, the Kickapoo Country Fair is the Midwest’s largest organic food and sustainability festival. In La Farge, Wisconsin, nestled among the ancient hills of the Kickapoo Valley, the fair serves up a generous helping of fun for all in celebration of family, culture, and community, all the while looking toward a healthy, sustainable future.
Held July 24-25, 2010, on the grounds of Organic Valley headquarters Kickapoo Country Fair will bring together thousands of attendees for two fun-packed days of food, music, bike and farm tours, cooking demonstrations, theater, kids’ activities, dancing, author readings, and speakers—all offered at an affordable price for families.
- Authors, activists and innovators including Temple Grandin, author of Animals Make Us Human
- Live music all weekend on two stages
- Musical headliner Miles Nielsen — Good ol’ heartland rock ‘n’ roll, main stage, Saturday night
- Wisconsin Author Michael Perry reading from his latest book Coop and performing with his band, the Long Beds
- “Green Village,” green building and lifestyle workshops
- Delicious local and organic food
- Farmers market
- Farm tours and exhibits
- Vendors and artisans
- Fourth-annual Butter Churn Bike Tour
- Children’s activities
- Stiltwalkers and other surprises!
The fair runs on July 24- 25, 2010 from 10:00am to 10:00pm. Admission is $10.00 for the weekend.